- Biostatistics constitutes an important instrument for arriving at valid scientific recommendations in healthcare.
- Several commercial and free packages exist sharing several different advantages and limitations.
- eBiostatistics.com (beta version) is the first comprehensive, web-based, biostatistical package in the internet.
- It combines a menu-based GUI such as SPSS®, it is open access such as R, and exclusively online web-based such as OpenEpi.
- It offers a wide range of the most commonly used analytical applications.
- eBiostatistics.com is not dependent on different operating systems and internet browsers allowing additionally users from developing countries its use.
- eBiostatistics.com (beta version) has great potential.
- The next steps to develop eBiostatistics to version 1 and 2 are to:
- initiate collaboration with experts from academic institutions wordwide
- improve its user friendliness
- increase its statistical analytical capabilities
- impove the results output and figure editing
- include automated statistical interpretation of the results
- develop a free eLearning platform for Biostatistics (learning by doing)
- seek for funding from grants and/or crowdfunding
- perform a user-based evaluation
- eBiostatistics.com will remain open access
- primary investigators
- scientific andvisory board
- IT specialists
- selected users
- foundations providing grants
- universities, schools
- eBiostatistics.com version 1:
- Establish the scientific advisory committe by 1 May 2016
- Obtain funds for further development by 1 July 2016
- Transfer the platform to a cloud server by 15 July 2016
- Increase the statistical analytical capabalities by 1 February 2017
- Improve image creation and editing by 1 March 2017
- Perform the first user-based evaluation 1 April 2017
- eBiostatistics.com version 2:
- Develop a free e-Learning platform for biostatistical analysis by 1 May 2017
- Perform a second user-based evaluation by 30 May 2017
- Cloud server: 2,000 CHF for 2 years
- Increase the statistical analytical capabilities (200 hours): 10,000 CHF
- IT specialist part-time work (600 hours): 30,000 CHF
- Organisation of Meetings with collaborators: 15,000 CHF
- Development of the eLearning platform for biostatistics (version 2):
- Cloud server: 1,000 CHF for 1 year
- Half salary of a PhD research fellow 1 year: 15,000 CHF
- Other expences: 5,000 CHF
- Total: 75,000 CHF